PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 6th Apr 2004, 19:27
chris

I have to agree with flystudent. All the previous posts dating back to mj's last post have been informative, extremely helpful and exactly what I was talking about. With the exception of Jeffery S.

Scroggs, I will reneg on what I said previously with regards to exams because you have made a valid point now and I can see where my argument has been flawed. That was all I was after. A decent reply explaining where myself and flystudent were going wrong. Thankyou.

As for Jeffery S,

some of you come accross as stuck-up public schoolboy boffins who think that grades are the main thing, but your attitude and personality count as well but if you wont listen to the people who know your not going to get anywhere.
Re read my previous post and then rethink your quote. I wasnt being arrogant. I wasnt being disrespectful to scroggs or any of the other expert contributors. I was asking for myself and others to be replied to in an appropriate fashion when I threw my 10p into the hat. Ie no sarcasm. Scroggs's last few replies are exactly what I was trying to achieve. An accurate, well backed up post that I can now apply to the way I prepare myself for interview.

if the moderators say that the airlines rarely ask for exam grades, then they are RIGHT.
We have already ascertained that scroggs and others are right in this respect but do you always listen to what people say and never ask questions. If someone doesnt ask questions or sometime question the meanings behind an answer, will that person ever learn anything. If your mate tells you to jump off a cliff, would you blindly do it like you are suggesting here? Again, flystudent and I werent being disrespectful by questioning scroggs and others we were merely trying to clarify information that to us seemed strange or contrary to information we had.

i own my own business with my own employees. and i wouldnt want to hire people with your attitude let alone work with them nothing personal, just show humilty & learn to listen to the people that know!
Now if you want the arrogant public shool boy in me to come out then here he is! I have spent the last 6 years in tertiary education have never failed a univerisity exam, flying exam (including ICAO) or flight test (3 and counting). The reason why is because I work my arse off, always ask questions and expect a decent answer.

"Nothing personal" but I think you are completely misinformed and you are definately the type of person that I would not like to work for. You are implying then that you dont like employees that would be willing to push the boundaries by asking questions and furthering their careers and knowledge. How happy are your employees by the way, do they have the chance to express themselves or dont you ask? I wouldnt put money on it! I think you best re read the entire thread and put what I have said in context.

Get your facts straight before you start slagging people off. And judge people when they come face to face with you.

Once again, thanks scroggs, mj, rob etc for todays replies.