PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 5th Apr 2004, 23:36
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris, well I think I've now heard it all! Chris, do you turn round to your instructors and tell them they're naive when they express an opinion (borne of experience) that you disagree with? Please don't try and employ the logic of your limited knowlege when you tell me to:
Ask yourself one question. If you were employing two pilots equal on all fronts but one pilot had 80% AVG with a few resits and a few partials and another pilot had 90% pass rate and no resits. Who would you pick. Would you pick the second one? If you would, why wouldnt you take the first and better of the two? This is basically what you are saying companies do.
Chris, this is not an intellectual thrust and parry. It is not a test of your logic against mine. I am telling you what happens. You can choose to disbelieve me if you wish, no doubt backed by the sales talk of the school you attend, but you have no evidence to tell me I'm wrong - or naive!! You'll note that no school has piped up here to disagree with me and Rob (Pprune Towers), who both have considerable experience in airlines and in recruiting. Perhaps you'll enlighten us all with your extensive grounds for denying our experience?

I will tell you which of your examples I would recruit: the one that impresses me most in the interview, and in the simulator. There are no equals in selection; I am only interested in your exams insomuch as they tell me you're qualified to turn up. Your performance in the interview and in the simulator is what gets you the job. What possible motive could I have for telling you anything other than how it really is? I have nothing to sell.

Tell you what; when (if) you get your first interview, tell them they don't need to talk to you or see you in the sim; they can tell all they need to from your exam results. Can't they?

Scroggs