PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The new Qantas uniform...who did the homework on this one?(merged)
Old 5th Apr 2004, 01:53
ditzyboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well Darls lets see...

They went back on their decision and let us boys and all CSMs have short sleeves. They are re-doing the tie bar as it falls off all the time. They have had to issue males with vests (which they weren't going to do). Long Haul crew no longer have to wear the serving jacket. Some bright spark is now handing out TINY wheelie bags to Impulse crew doing 3-5 day trips?! They are smaller than the Domestic ones some people got. I scored an International one which is over double the size of the TINY one. Oh and the Wings had to go because legend says some girl stabbed a baby in the face with the pointed end. I do have to laugh but I am sure it wasn't funny at the time

Also the wheelies are very heavy when empty so if you pack for anything more than an overnight you know about it when schlepping the thing around on a trip!

I am sure I have left something out in the above list of stuff ups but I think everyone is 'happy' (as happy as FAs ever are!) with the whole deal.

Oh except us Pulse chicks.... We don't know what our new gettup specifically entails only that it is not embarrasing or too casual (or so our managers say!). They also have not ruled out ties for guys... I think I am the only one who wants them anyway.

I hear the Jetstar ground staff will have a more casual look. They want the Cabin Crew to look professional. I do know that we will have wings and that they will be designed carefully so they don't all get recalled after a couple of months. I also hear our luggage is 'different'... What that mean I don't know. Perhaps I may need that knitted wheelie bag cover after all!

Lets just hope 'different' also applies to the design of the Day Bag. As you all know I am not a fan of the current style. Maybe instead of looking like an esky they could style them around Coles bag... You know - identifying with our customers etc ....