PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Infants In Business Class
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2004, 00:44
Snoopy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This topic surfaces at regular intervals and really gets my goat. I travel in F & C on business alone and when I travel for leisure my family and I travel in C. Because I can afford it and because when I'm going on vacation I don't see why I should squeeze myself into an airline seat with a shoehorn and hobble around at destination for 24 hours because I had no room for my legs.

My two boys, now strapping teenagers, have always flown up front wth my wife and I. They have behaved well, which is more than can be said about many adults that have surrounded us.

Do I need to go through the catalogue of transgressions that we adults commit and yet which we seem to tolerate somehow because the transgressor is the same age as us and has a gold card? Snoring loudly (ok, that's probably me, so I thought I'd get that in first), two colleagues yacking loudly over their headphones so they can continue the conversation without missing the movie, taking of shoes and socks and resting bare feet on the seatback in front, .....and the list goes on.

Why do we always pick on the parents and kids? Because we always pick on those that are weaker and present an easier target. Becuse we are all intolerant, becuse we all think that the world revolves around ME, and because it is our RIGHT. We are ENTITLED. The thing that I always have to laugh about is why business class passengers (whose tickets are often being paid for by their companies) seem to think that they are holier than the people in the back of the bus. Why should economy passengers be any more disturbed by a child (or by a boorish adult) than a passenger in business class? Don't they have rights too?

Rant over....I'm outta here