PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Information on Mcc/Crm Courses
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2004, 23:05
80/20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can’t tell what will work for you, I have seen some low-time pilots purchase a type and get hired by an airline after which they say that it was the best investment they ever made. I also know of non-typed guys who have flown as instructors, at commuters, and so on for years at a very low pay - does not seem fair that you can just buy the type but that is certainly becoming the trend among the low cost carriers.

30.000 € ...a lot of money....
I would not be surprised if you could get a JAA type course for almost half of that if you wait with the touch & goes that must be done in the actual aircraft until you have secured a job. Some exact numbers anyone?

Another option in the pre JAA days used to be a much cheaper FAA type but I am not sure about conversion now with JAR-FCL, does anyone know how that works... if anyone have found a cost efficient way to convert an FAA type or if there are any progress with JAA/FAA FCL harmonisation?

I had a young pilot in the jump seat recently, he was going for an interview for 747 FO, had about 1500 hrs light aircraft time, had taken his ratings the cheapest way, flying clubs, modular, low cost generic MCC, no type rating and build his hours instructing SE. Just got an e-mail from him and he got the job!

BillieBob & Rob I have a feeling that we agree about how a MCC should not be – how about a dialogue about what a good MCC course should focus on?

Last edited by 80/20; 5th Apr 2004 at 06:49.