PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 4th Apr 2004, 22:40
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is hard for me to throw my advice into the arena here, as I work for an FTO that only provides modular training, and have worked for another so might be considered biased. However I am also a "wannabe", in that I still would like to fly commercially outside flight instruction, but have the experience of working in the flight training system, and know a lot of people who have gone through ATPL training.

I would say that one thing I have never regreted is training on a modular course. In fact some of you may have seen me express my irritation at that FTO that tried to sell me a JAA integrated course which I think was absolutely the wrong course for me. I did not know the system at the time, yet they never explained to me that they could offer me a modular course instead. They only talked integrated. In my opinion this is poor value to any self-sponsored student, but to try and push it at someone with 180 hours fixed-wing was ridiculous. This was pure marketing for the company involved, not for my benefit at all.

Can you persuade me that the marketing departments of these schools are no longer doing this, and are now selling the integrated courses because that is genuinely in the customer's interest?