PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Servisair to loose Air Wales handling at CWL
Old 4th Apr 2004, 13:27
matesmate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

With reference to the on-going fiasco between Servisair and Aviance and the Air Wales contract.

In my opinion Aviance are a bunch of money-grabbers that just seem to "pounce" on any airline to make their business profitable. It was only two years ago when Aviance announced the closure of their Cardiff base in a profit making move.

Low and behold we had the arrival of BMI baby and (shock) Aviance had their contract for handling. We must remember and re-call when Aviance handled Air Wales two years ago and the mess they made of that with just 2 Dornier 228 aircraft - how are they going to cope with five ATR and 85 flights a week ??????

Most of them have difficulties doing up their shoe laces !

Servisair were awarded the Air Wales contract last year (yes we know that they are not 100% there) but compare them to Aviance and what they have done for Air Wales over the last year. My resources say that Servisair can now sell Air Wales tickets at CWL and the staff are very helpful and have built a good rapore with the airline

You just need to look at CWL and see how the "poached" airlines are being treated by Aviance, such as KLM, AEA, BGH to name a few. A majority of the time you will just see a queue stretching for miles, with one agent behind the desk spending most of her time on the phone as she cant remember what flight she is checking-in.

Not that I dislike Aviance, it is just that the whole game stinks !