PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Real Pilots?????
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2004, 09:48
jbqc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes but teachers must do the college course over a few years and are not putting someones life at risk when teaching, at least not everytime they teach.

I am in the legal business and for a long time I sat in court handing over bits of paper to others who were "real QCs" I thought I would never get a case of my own. I used to think some of the "old fellas" were stupid and I could do much better. I am glad now I kept my mouth shut until I knew better, and that took YEARS and HOURS.

I have as of yesterday 5,785 hours (3220 multi engine) and 33 years flying for business and fun, I have both CAA and FAA IR. I had one landing accident at 280 hours 29 years ago, when I knew everything.

I had to fly with a young instructor a few months ago, he reminded me of that 280 hour person I used to be.

I also flew with an "older" FAA instructor last summer in the US and I can say he taught me quite a lot in just a few hours. I went for a bi-annual and to hire an a/c but I decided to ask this instructor to come for a couple of trips with me. It was a real pleasure to receive advice from a "real pilot" and I was humbled by the experience. I came home realizing I knew so very little about my sport.

JB