PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The QF Shortlist Countdown...
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2004, 00:39
Left2primary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is increasingly looking like QF management are stalling on the issue of fulltime recruitment. [Sorry if I am stating the obvious to those on the short list]

The planned flying and cabin crew numbers required for mid year would be calculated by now so it seems the issue of more full time staff will be determined by the FAAA and its dealings with QF on the overseas base issues .

It is clear that the FAAA will firmly resist any increase in base numbers that exceeds the predetermined figures set down four years ago. Although AKL it seems, will employ another 30 CC bringing numbers up to around 180.

QF risks serious industrial action if it tries to breach the agreement or if it tries to open up other overseas bases to fill the need for more long haul cabin crew.

The only other spanner in the works for those on the wait list are the transferees from shorthaul.
I understand more than 100 have come across since late last year.
Anyone out there know how many are left still wanting to transfer???????????

Hang in there shortlisters. I doubt QF want a fight on the foreign bases issue as it would be sure to lose any public opinion battle by seeing to be trying to export more jobs overseas.

Having said that it does seem that QF management greed knows no bounds

L2P

Last edited by Left2primary; 2nd Apr 2004 at 03:31.