PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question with questionable answers!
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2004, 23:50
Hugh Jarse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Unfortunately I feel the need to wade in here after your post.
I can not, for the life of me, believe that you are using ignorance of the fact that redundancies were occuring at Impulse as a reason for why not many of the redundant guys got interviews/positions at the regionals. Everyone I spoke to around the time already knew.
SpinDoctor, I don't know how you can call me ignorant to the redundancies etc, as the first I heard was when I was informed that the redundant pilots were going to be interviewed. I have no control over when that information is released to the public by management, but I can say that was the first time I heard, closely followed by Pprune.

But I can tell you now, I did apply to both and still have applications in, easily exceed the min aeronautical experience, have passes Qantas stage 1 testing, ensured politely that both companies had received my application and guess what not even an interview and believe me I am not alone. Please don't take this as sour grapes(I will walk my own path and take my own chance) I just feel the need to set the record straight.
What can I say? I don't know why you didn't/don't get an opportunity but I understand your point on conspiracy theories All I can suggest is that if your circumstances are unchanged, you make some phone calls to the relevant HR departments. You might get some satisfaction there......