PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - failed 14 exams and redo the all session?
Old 31st Mar 2004, 12:08
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flystudent wrote:

Interesting post, I think both sides of the argument carry relevant points. Namely it's not all on academic performance but at the same time the airlines need to start somewhere.

We know certain airlines have average %'s they look for and no more than X resists, as any more than this "could", (not does, but could) show a potential training/hence cost risk for type rating days. (what abra is saying)

However get through that part of selection then other qualities are priority, can you fly and do you actually have a personality (likeable) or are you just an academic cyborg who can ace everything but has not chat for 4 hours on a flight or down route.

The unfortunate fact is I think that initial selections have to be based on something they can see, I guess that's academic performance, get through that then it's tme to shine on the other fronts. As I/abra say - if you have difficulty with the volume of information then an employer may view that as a potential risk.
Really, flystudent? We 'know' this do we? So you'll have no trouble telling us exactly which airlines apply these criteria to direct entry fATPL candidates, I take it? This is important information; please share it with us. By the way, which airline do you work for, and how many selection procedures have you run or even attended?

Scroggs