PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What the Examiner said
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2004, 11:34
RowleyUK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
on my skills test i can safely say the examiner didnt do anything to make me feel at ease!!The whole test was very very formal ( i know it should be, but not as this was made to be)!

as you say BEagle:

1. My examiner acknowledged i was very nervous.Never spoke throughout the test....didnt even speak when i asked him/her something!

2. Preflight grilling that i have never had before!!Questions about the ATPL exams that i had passed over a year ago!!

3. Asked a question on the ground about what i would do in the air in a certain situation. It was blatently obvious i couldnt answer this question as i hadnt been taught it on my course. I was taught to do the drill the school told me. It didnt fit with what he wanted. He still proceeded with the flying aspect of the test although knowing that when the sitaution arised i wouldnt know what to do!! He failed me on that!!!600 quid down the drain!! ........Maybe i was a victim of the format of the test changing very recently........we were all a bit surprised by this one!!

4. Following re test was just as bad! finished and passed test!

5. Examiner said : "Its a pass but with a bollocking!" Completely shattered what little confidence i had before. To say i abhor this person would be an understatement!!

Should i have appealed??? I think so!! I reckon i should have got a partial because i made another error in the test, purely my fault!

Is it partly the schools fault? yes, for not teaching me that little bit!!

Is it my fault for not being super confident? yes,but what can i do?

As a result i have to think long and hard about whether i will go on to do a bit more training....

My question to that examiner would be : - " why are you such a ?"