PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 30th Mar 2004, 23:35
pssdoff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moderator or Agitator

In response to the Moderator stepping into the fray...

The Moderator states:
... There were clearly expressed, unambiguous and strongly held differences of opinion
...Most schools seem to take compliments and criticisms as they come, the rough with the smooth...
...GG's protest suggests someone launched a personal attack on him and his wife!
...Credit people with the intelligence to distinguish between objective comments and those motivated by personal animosity.

Critism and discussion is fine... but the posts - many of them now removed - where not critism but personal attacks - they were crude, abusive, inflammatory and just plain wrong... as many have since acknowledged. That you did nothing to stem the tide of the abuse is in my view failing in the role of moderator.
Now you add your own views, when people are trying to 'calm the waters' - you in effect ridicule a post! HOW DARE YOU?

Credit us with the intelligence to interpret Rob Rich's post, its intent, its PR value - Without you wading into the fray with what becomes obvious is your own biased opinion.

You express outrage that someone would launch a personal attack on GG and his wife? But previously remained silent at the abuse that proceeded which were much more ficious and numerous - that apparently was not offensive to you... ?

This site, as you state, is about the free exchange of ideas...
your sites own terms and conditions state that the harrassment and personal attacks are not allowed... Your action, or actually your lack of it up until now riducules your own statement and the principles of this site.

I am signing off and have made myself a promise not to return to this site for some time... it makes me too mad!

To the rest... safe flying!