PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2004, 23:54
4Screwaircrew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Airlines will take experienced type rated people if they can get them, failing that they will take the best raw material they can get and mould these people to the company way of doing things.

A young person with a new licence has had little chance to develop bad habits, and has no preconceptions on how to operate the type they are about to be introduced to. I have recently been involved in line training guys trained by CTC, they are all very low time and very capable, what they lack is experience this they will accrue over the next few years. They have been very much easier to line train than people with a back ground in geriatric turboprops ( I have nearly 5000 hours of such time). The CTC selection procedure and training standards ensure the right candidates are chosen and they are then prepared well for the task in hand.

It is I think important for all of us to remember an airline position is earned, it is not ours by right, and above all no one forced us down this path. I still wouldn't wish to change it for anything else.