PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2004, 16:53
Luke SkyToddler

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It takes a lot to get me irate but I have to say this ...

WHY DON'T ALL YOU LOW HOUR LOSERS STOP YOUR GODDAM MOANING??!!!

Now let me qualify that first of all by saying that I, too, would very much like a jet job with Easyjet, or indeed any other jet airline that is willing to give me one.

The difference between me and you though, is that I have been flying full time for just under 10 years and have several thousand hours, a mixed bag of instructing civilian and military, single and multi IFR, flying remote strip air ambulance work around New Zealand and now flying non-autopilot equipped perf A turboprops around the outer hebrides of Scotland in some of the most unpredictably bad weather in the entire world.

I have also lectured classrooms of students on all but one of the CPL theory subjects and several of the ATPLs at various stages. I have never in my life failed a written or oral flight test and I have never had a student fail on me either.

I'm not trying to brag or build up my fragile ego or anything and I know I still have a lot to learn but my point is that I AM a goddam better pilot than anyone who has 200 hours. It's that simple.

If any of you don't believe it then come up here to Scotland and I'll prove it to you. You name the aircraft and the discipline ... instrument flying, spot landings, circling-ndb-approaches-to-minima-in-a-35-knot-crosswind,
whatever you like, and I will kick your ass. I'm serious and I'll put money on it if anyone wants to take me up on it just PM me.

I am just so sick of hearing this 200-hour-guys are so hard done by nonsense ... some of you lot really really need to do some hard years of hard graft and learn a little bit more about what aviation is really about, instead of sitting here pontificating what is, with all due respect, complete and utter b*ll*cks, about how you and your little 200 hours really makes you a better pilot than anyone else.

I'm sorry but it has to be said.

*Straps flak helmet on and enters bunker*