PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AV8 Air Problems?
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2004, 13:53
Rockhound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was interested to read about AV8TOR, having recently (Feb 26/Mar 4) flown on them to Lanzarote from MAN. I felt I was on thin ice from the get-go. The flight was identified solely as an Icelandair one (FI), yet, apart from its registration, there was no mention of Iceland among the plane's markings (however, the pilots' names were unmistakeably Icelandic). The in-flight magazine listed weekly tour packages/flights to Tenerife (from Newcastle, if memory serves) but none to Lanzarote, yet there I was, on my way to Arecife on the weekly Thursday run from MAN. Also included were details and prices of packages to Dubai and an announcement that AV8TOR operated one 767 and one 757. On the way down, the captain informed us that local time in Lanzarote was one hour different from that in MAN - wrong (the time's the same). Talking to a flight attendant, I found out that the 757 was not operational yet and that flights to Dubai had not started. On the plus side, the 767-300 looked to be in A1 shape. Still, all in all, I was quite relieved not to get stuck in Lanzarote as a result of the operator going belly-up and to get back to MAN on AV8TOR on the scheduled day, even if we were 2 hours late.
Rockhound