PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CH-EU bilaws
Thread: CH-EU bilaws
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2004, 19:58
ettore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airman,
I don't think that the ongoing litigation with the former SAirGroup weights that much in face of corporatism and protectionism.

Until proven differently, the SAirGroup overpaid all stakes it took in Air Liberte, AOM and Air Littoral and wasted a considerable amount of money in trying to merge them.

The Swiss were de facto controlling the three airlines and did also support the full operative costs. Here and there, you will find clues on how the Swiss tried to get a part of their money back (leasing rates, catering and ground handling costs, transfer to ZRH of French customers datas and so on), but it will probably never amount to a positive balance in favour of SAirGroup.

Looking to the past, I'm sure the Swiss got screwed (maybe willingly, if kickbacks were paid on their private accounts, but up to now nobody brought any evidence to light) and I believe that their financial commitment to the three French airlines postponed their bankruptcy by a couple of years.

I'm pretty sure that the French authorities are well aware that thanks to the SAirGroup's funds and mistakes, first they could avoid subsidies to thoses dying airlines and second they found a perfect scapegoat once they were dead. But I do not believe they would use it to bare a Swiss pilot from getting a job in France.

Look how former Swissair and former Crossair pilots are fighting eachother within Swiss Airlines to keep as much as possible of their respective fellows flying. In France too, everybody is fighting to keep a job. No matter what excuse, but if you do not belong to the stronger group, you lose. End of the story.