PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2004, 09:52
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with eagerbeaver, Easy select who they want, what experience level(s) they want and so on and so forth. That is their right.

I can also confirm that they do take pilots on who are not type rated, who have much more than 200hrs so that contradicts this point hanny
us more experienced people are not being given the opportunity of having a job. At the moment it feels like the only people getting jobs are those with type ratings and with only 200 ish hours.
You also say
So what about us people in the middle.
Well, I would suggest you keep trying to do whatever it takes to get yourself in a position to be employed by easyJet, if that's who you want to work for. I would have thought that most pilot wannabes would not assume easyJet was a 'first job' option, rather that you need to get some experience from elsewhere before applying. They set the bar where they want it. The last I heard they wanted 'x' number of factorised hours. If you don't have them then you are not in the mix. Perhaps pushing to get into other employers at the same time is what is required.

It seems that some of the comments on this thread are about how 'unfair' it is that certain pilots are not getting a shot at the job when others are with easyJet. I don't think fairness comes into it. They simply have enough applicants to be choosy, like most employers currently do. Why bleat about them requiring 'x' amount of time, it's no different to Virgin Atlantic requiring 2500hrs with heavy jet experience and I never seem to see many complaining posts on these pages about that requirement?

The market is difficult and we all know some who have got breaks who are doing nothing more than us and it can appear unfair. It's not. Keep plugging away, keep applying, but do keep expanding your network portfolio. I have said it before and will say it again. All the guys that I know who are getting the breaks with no previous airline experience are the ones who are being extremely pro-active with regard to making contacts and nurturing opportunities. If you want it enough you will make it happen, eventually.

Good luck.

PP