PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A question with questionable answers!
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2004, 14:13
Dan Kelly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheNightOwl

No angst at all.

Some curiosity but also an attempt to make the point that I think many people on the forum expect those not at the top of the pecking order to make a sacrifice that I don't believe they would make in similar circumstances.

Fartsock

I don't know what the Impulse pilots did or didn't offer. Couldn't their offer though be seen as an attempt to protect their positions in the absence of wider community assistance, rather than seen as undercutting QF by 50%?

Maybe 50% of Impuls pilots were rejected by QF. In reality that is no reflection on those same pilot's abilities. I know of one Impulse captain, who I had the pleasure of training at abinitio and commercial stages, years ago. In my opinion he was one of the most naturally gifted and professional pilots I encountered over several thousands of instructional hours.

I haven't seen him since the 80's but can't imagine that he wouldn't make an excellent QF pilot, which he is now by virtue of the Impulse buyout. The point is, his rejection simply shows the falbility of the selection process.

proplever

Directed not only at you but those who share your view against the poor cousins looking after their own interests.

You say my original question is moot because you are not bug smashing. But that is the whole point of the question. I'd bet that if you were bug smashing and QF rejected you, and the only offer of a jet position was on an Impulse 717, you'd jump at the chance.

Amos

Not an Impulse thread at all. It started out with a statement and a serious question, which most respondants have not answered.