PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet (merged)
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2004, 08:57
eagerbeaver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skyman and everyone else,

Easyjet are a successful airline who now have the power to hire and fire who they like. Easy employ a great deal of pilots with 3000+ hrs, a great deal of pilots with 1500+hrs and then they take on a select number of low houred FATPL pilots. This is to ensure that they have the correct spread of experience across the whole flying staff and do not get any bulges at first command or retirement.
Secondly they can be choosy, this is where CTC step in. They dont want to employ some muppet straight out of school with the legal minimum for a CPL get him half way through a type rating course and then discover than he is incapable, lacks the apptitude, whatever.
The way the job market is at the moment you still need time on type unless you get through these new approved methods, GECAT,CAE,CTC.

My suggestion to you all would be to keep knocking on the door keep the pressure on these people who do the hiring, just dont become a pest.

hannny your lat comment is pathetic, a differing opinion doesn't mean your are completely unsuitable for employment, get a life.

skyman68 - i sugget you improve your english if its your 4th langauge. an English airline will stipulate a good + standard of English. Although i think yours is fine.

Its all about right place right time chaps, nothing more.