PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Censorship!
Thread: Censorship!
View Single Post
Old 26th Mar 2004, 11:54
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
People,

I think the Woomerii do an excellent job, their job would be somewhat easier if people decided to include their real name an email address for people to directly contact them when they make a controversial post.

I could guarantee you that if you were to apply a simple test to every post no censorship would occur, i.e. would you be happy to put your real ARN, Name, email, and phone number on the post, if not then expect Woomerii have the right to censor.

Its not your site, its not you name/neck on the block, so the people who do run it have a right to run it as they wish. Feel free to set up you own site, where you can take responsibility for the contents, and pay for the bills.

Remember seeing this at the bottom of the page "As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, to elicit certain reactions."

As for "censor the people" many many many people including the mods on pprune have multiple IDs, the mods treat each ID as a separate user, I have heard of people being banned number of times to resurface under another userid.

It amazes me to see the number of people who complain about pprune, and a lot of these people don't put their hand in their pockets and support pprune. How many people on this thread have made donations to pprrune ?

I know at the start in aviation money is tight, the mods, Woomerii, etc have a lot of exp behind them and they do contribute back, it would be nice if the readers & complainers would by clicking here

For the record, Woomerii are not paid, they are putting their little but back into aviation.

Woomerii, Kelly Gang, other past and future mods, thanks, keep up the good work...