PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mytravel shares fall
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2004, 19:13
kinsman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Some important factors to consider when reading the TTG article:

1. They got their figures wrong in January as far as I can see from reading this article.

2. They make no allowance for operators having cut capacity this year.

3. They make no mention of how good the margins are! Because of course they don't know! This is the most important point as proved last year. No point in selling more holidays if you are not making money! One operator this year has cut it's margins offering discounts that cannot be making them much or any profit. They have done this in a bid to see MYT off! They appear to have failed with what must be a high risk stratergy given the state of the industry as a whole!

It would appear MYT have turned the corner and are hitting their targets for recovery. As I said in an earlier post a debt for equity swap or some other method of clearing debt was always on the cards. I would not be surprised to see MYT return to an operating profit this year rather than 2005 but they will need to restructure to return to full health and that is what the board have said they are looking at. I am sure they would have liked to anounce this last year but I guess they first needed to prove they could get the company back on track and at last there are strong signs they have achieved this.

Any truth in the rumour TC UK are being sold by the Germans?