PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA - Should I complain?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2004, 07:19
DishMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I booked a cheap on-line ticket for Mrs DM for AMS-TLS back in Feb. with KLM (They are the only airline who do a direct flight too!)
Muggins here got the departure date wrong and had her leaving on a Tuesday instead the Monday. Mrs DM was not amused when she received her e-ticket confirmation e-mail.
So I called KLM - OK it was within one hour of booking the ticket.
First guy - sorry - that's the electronic bookings dept. you have to talk to them but it is a lowest fare non-changeable non-refundable.....
Called number he suggested - no answer......shut.
Called someone else at Cus Help....not same guy....girl who says sorry it's impossible. But try this number...123456 whatever and so I called again, explained that Mr DM didn't fancy going home tonight unless I had sorted the problem which I had created. Got a laugh from the girl and "I'm sorry it really can't be changed. I'll have to speak to a supervisor."
8-10mins waiting...then back she comes.... "OK Mr Pascoe, <Exceptionally> it has been changed as per your request. Same ref E-ticket number we'll send another e-mail confirmation to your wife. Have a good trip...." ME profusely thankful and able to go home without fear of decapitation.

SO a little POLITE persistence, a little humour and I appealed to the culture that very often shrugs shoulders and points out it's my problem - tough. After all there are rules and I screwed it up. (It is clear on the web pages what is what.) BUT KLM have a happy customer and that's good 'cos I'll be commuting most weekends on that route (hopefully) from Sept!

KLM!