PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 22nd Mar 2004, 09:08
ground effect

aus training

I know this has been done to death and there is already an existing thread for the training subject but....

here I am in a similar situation a kid in a candy shop with a bag full of money....now which flavour????

I am a firm believer that a quality teacher has a better chance of producing a quality student DESPITE the school they are both in.....I realise that the low hour CFI also needs to build hours but given the choice if there were two instructors both of similar TEACHING ability but of differing FLYING EXPERIENCE I know who I would rather sit beside...most certainly the guy with 10000hrs+ in the log book who has flow hot and high in a variety of types all over the world not the guy with one third as much time in half the types only in circuits and tourism work. Bang for you bucks so to speak. Once again I stress that both are quite capable of teaching the student safely. And once again I realise that all CFIs need to build hours but....approx $350/hr+ will be spent for every hour of my training how much experience can I buy here in Australia for my $350??

Maybe a better question to ask in relation to training is-

WHAT INSTRUCTOR (ie which specific instructor NOT just the school) SHOULD I GO TO FOR TRAINING - Jo Blogs ex-offshore master, Fred Nerk the semi-retired longline/utility guru

now I realise that not all students personalities will mesh with instructor personalities

This idea has been touched on in the training in NZ forum but not sure if it has been thrown around amongst the aussies.

So with this thought in mind my I throw things open to the forum

feedback in the form of instructor names greatly apprectated if you feel so inclined....

me again...or PM me if you would rather do it this way
cheers