PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Log Books
Thread: Log Books
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2004, 02:53
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
ABIW said;
I have been forced to change the compilation method of my flying log book on several occasions in my 17 years of flying. Everyone of those changes has been put in place by some jumped up little tw@t, from ALM Leader to Sqn Boss, who is on a promotion push and wants to be noticed
In MY 18 years of flying, I and my colleagues have always filled in our log books in accordance with the instructions in the front cover. In all 4 books it is quite clear how the entries should be made.

Only very recently have the 'Greens' used a seperate log book. In the past it was always the 414, and in the latest version of the Apache style book (AB640), which I now use for civi commercial flying, not only are the instructions in the front, but they state that instructions can be found in JSP318. "The spare column is reserved for use as directed by DAAVN. "

We have only once, to my knowledge in all my years, been directed to use the spare column and that was to keep a record of aircrew completing the daily flight servicing. The techs were always somehow too busy first thing in the morning!! Tail wagging the dog a bit I always thought!

Anyway, these days its just,a/c details, self, EG??, 1st day, 1st night, total, IF.
The grass IS greener.