PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Serious query on Diplomas
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2004, 00:28
Used and Abused

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serious query on Diplomas

I have no other qualifications other than those accredited from flying schools and various jobs and I think it would be beneficial for me to have some kind of formal qualification (I have a good GA job and have been working as a pilot for 5 years. I know it won't help me get a job on some station. Been there, done that) What are the non-aviation subjects that are offered and where can I find information about courses that are offered via correspondence? Is it true that all things aviation already done (PPL,CPL,ATPL,DG,CRM etc) can be credited to the course, leaving only the non-aviation stuff? Does it have to have been done with a registered provider or are the CASA credits enough.

I'm only interested in the actual courses. I don't particularily care whether or not people think that it will be and advantage or not. I realise that there is more to life than being a pilot and almost everybody has a university of TAFE qualification in something and if I ever need to compete outside aviation, I don't stand a chance.