PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GB and B.MED pilots to join th B.A seniority list
Old 19th Mar 2004, 08:49
Torquelink

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Max Flex and others,

Thanks for the explanation but further clarification please: is SCOPE driven by BALPA or by the companies? From the companies perspective I can't see any advantage in merging seniority lists and T&Cs - certainly not for GB and BMed as, I assume, costs would rise and flexibility reduce (I may be wrong of course) and for BA - who needs the hassle. However, if it is being driven by BA (for reasons I don't understand), is this something to be held over the franchisee's heads when franchise renewal comes up - i.e. sign up or lose the franchise? On the other hand, if it's being driven by BALPA then it would seem to me that they are interfering in internal company affairs that don't concern them provided, of course, that flight crews in the franchisees are generally happy with the status quo. Particularly when, judging by the BACX experience, merging of the companies and seniority lists etc seems to have generated so much ill will on all sides and turned a previously profitable franchisee into a (currently) loss-making subsidiary?