PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian Airlines exodus of pilots to Dragonair
Old 18th Mar 2004, 01:45
Karunch

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Oicur, its not the Thai's or Phillipino's the Qf pilots need beware, its the low cost Australian labour force 'just getting some jet experience' that pose a greater danger. Gnadenburg is spot on, those without qualifications and experience (ie the 10 year Qf f/o) in a rapidly changing evironment risk being left behind. Qf has clearly become simply a job, not a career, as evidenced by the departure of the more astute players.

Timmee, there are far more rewarding places to live & work offshore than the desert I can assure you. Perhaps you should increase your sample size before drawing conclusions, the results may surprise you. Reference the lifestyle issue, I went for a run in the foothills this morning, meeting a schoolmate for lunch (most of my schoolmates enjoy the higher offshore income as well) and off to look at Ferrari's this afternoon (Modena prices are starting to come down). I doubt I'll bump into any Qf/ Vb guys there though. A good lifestyle is not an Australian exclusive, Cheers,

Last edited by Karunch; 18th Mar 2004 at 02:31.