PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really Want to Do This...??
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2004, 23:27
Harves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In one sense, I am writing now to bring this thread back to the top, because I feel it should be there, even after this time. On the other hand, I am writing somewhat hindered due to a lump of humble pie in my hand.

I have not logged on for a while and have enjoyed reading the whole thread tonight. The only exception to that being my own reply. Thankfully I did apply an after thought to it. But I certainly see things from a different light tonight which will reflect in future posts. My reaction to the initial post was not based on rose tinted glasses as such, but more in relation to my knowing or feeling that I was not stereotypically ignorant to the industry. Just that for years, I had felt frustrated about being prevented from doing something that I loved....in my case for pleasure or "profit".

What I now realise is, how I may have come accross to those already there. I am sure that nobody felt that I was being derogatory, but I certainly would like to say that a fifty pence piece has dropped in relation to how some comments may be construed by those experienced in the industry, from us partially informed wannabes, as frustrating at best and certainly in light of some posts as potentially damaging for the status of professional pilots.

Although this thread appears thankfully to have calmed, I would like to echo the voices of appology by us wannabes and encourage all those with indepentant experience to continue to advise us without fear of a poorly thought out hammering.

Finally without sounding like I am too much up certain orifices (nothing in it for me....Virgin a distant dream) but I would like to say publically how much Scroggs's posts impress me. In my experience thay are always balanced, thought out, honest and concise. This thread particularly has proven that to me. I am sure he like others, wanted to burst at some comments, but he never did.

So here's to Scroggs....and indeed all at PPrune and those that post for our benefit.

Happy and healthy lives what ever we do.

Harves