PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford and a 737 rating, benefits?
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2004, 23:13
Foz2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Benjamin1981,

Just backtracking slightly to Stapleford, I am training there at the moment ( I would recomend them whole heartedly), and too have had a look at the Astreaus deal. Although on paper it looks like a great deal, 50k for FATPL + TR + Line training, you are going to be paying considerably more than that unless you are an absolute wiz.

The 25K price at Stapleford means that you do the IR before the CPL hence saving money on hour building and giving you ten hours less on the CPL. I am led to believe that doing a IR before CPL is extremely hard and also at the end of the training you come out with less hours TT. It also includes the Full time ATPL theory course at London Met ( I think) which is very cheap but if you dont live near the City, renting in Town will add to the cost significantly.

Finally I dont think it includes an MCC course which will add another 2-3k onto the total cost.

Please dont get me wrong, I think Stapleford are excellent and I really would recommend them to train at, but I dont believe that 25k is realistic to plan for.

Feel free to PM me if you want.

Regards

Foz.