PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai
Thread: Dubai
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2004, 08:59
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ummm, Tidan, I think my post was trying to support those whose first language is not English ie. the local controllers trying to understand others whose grasp of English is, shall we say, tenuous?
I was certainly having a go at pilots who are playing PR games in potentially dangerous situations (by resisting declaring emergency), and if that rubs you the wrong way, so be it.
As stated on this and other threads (see the Middle East forum- long thread on Dubai ATC and related issues) the "englishman" is well known to all around here, and may well be better suited to a different career, but when rudeness, arrogance, callousness etc can be seen as positives in this part of the world, don't hold your breath.
In my experience, EK has no more or less 'fuel shortages' than any other airline flying in here- it's just there's a lot more EKs. The fuel thing and holding is discussed on the ME thread at length- suggest a look.
As for EK getting 'priority'- the Area guys (who do the spacing and pretty much decide winners and losers) GET NOTHING FROM EK. Do I need to say more? Why on earth would we give EK priority? Nationalistic fervour?
In fact Ferris's whole demeanour on this thread is indicative of the new UAE ATC.
The 'new UAE ATC' is tired, overworked, getting less and less breaks, less days off, working meteoric traffic increases with THE SAME NUMBER OF STAFF AS YEARS AGO. But I will try and call you 'Sir' more often as you hold.
I have no idea of whether or not there are sufficient numbers of staff
Do your homework, and I might have more time for your whinges.