PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai
Thread: Dubai
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2004, 08:26
Fly Through

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tidan,
What utter c p!

Firstly no airline is ever given priority over another here in Dubai and if we did, it wouldn't be to emirates who we don't get ID rates with

Secondly as stated on other posts, yes there are the odd one or two here whose RT needs improving but it is being seen to. As for the UK, think you're talking about somewhere else mate 'cos you'll find Heathrow & Gatwick controllers just as sarcastic.

Thirdly, 'minimum fuel' calls have been made by numerous airlines but never have I heard one from Emirates. Our usual reaction is to not hold that particular aircraft up but only give priority if they declare an emergency.

To all those pilots who agree with Tidan, if you bother to read the notams before coming here, if you make correct readbacks when required, if you listen out before transmitting and always remember this isn't some dozy backwater anymore, listen out on the frequency and get that big lump of tin moving off the runway as fast as possible. Then I promise to help reign in my & my colleagues sarcasm, be polite on the radio and do what ever else you feel is required to make your trip just peachy

Rgds FT