PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pension and pay fiasco
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2004, 14:16
Vasco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green eyed monsters indeed Idunno.

I still can't see whatever explanation there is for people slagging off BA. Yes, people vote with their feet, but that is a difficult decision to make . Posting inflammatory comments on here does nothing to further the discussion so please refrain.

As the market leader (?) in the UK surely all the other airlines should be looking to BA to set the tone, not simply roll over and accept the management bullsh!t, and believe me, it is bullsh!t. all I can think is that most of these posts are not from professional pilots at all, but wannabes who have no idea about the real world of aviation.

FlyingDutchman,
I have no info on EZY payscales, but do you think that BA new entrants only take home £10k pa? And do you think that EZY crew take home any more than £24k pa? My missus is a long haul hostie for BA and she takes home just over £2000/month, after all deductions. I reckon that makes her take home around £40k per year. And I should know because we've got a mrtgage together. She's on the 'new' payscales. Not only does she earn that amojunt of money, but on a recent return flight from Boston, 5h40 flight, she had nearly 2 hours in the bunk. Now that's the kind of work I like doing for that money, whilst the 2 guys at the front sat there all night with no rest. And then had to go and drop the crew that were on a back to back off at the hotel before being allowed to go to their cars and start the journey home.

There are many areas within BA that are WAY over benchmark whilst we pilots are endlessly at the front of the queue when concessions are to be made. That will not be the case any more. All we need is to work to rule instead of bending over backwards to help out and the comapny will very quickly realise where the deadwood is.

I personally refuse to take any further reduction in my terms and conditions until the MT section is taken to account and the true extent of its 'Spanish Practices' are shown. And you can add getting rid of CSD's to that list as well.