PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stapleford and a 737 rating, benefits?
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2004, 10:58
benjamin1981

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to give such a detailed reply Rob. I know these replys are all opinions, however, given my situation; 22 years old, looking to self sponsor, if you were in my shoes, would you stop at paying 25k to Stapleford and forgo the option of paying another 25k for 737 rating in the understanding you will look more employable to a greater variety of airlines.

You mentioned becoming trapped which I feel is the danger of such a course. I have considered courses with Oxford and Cabair, and a 25k course with Stapleford appeals to be a great deal more from a self funding perspective. My initial reaction however was to think a 737 rating would be an added bonus?

To complete an fATPL course for 25k would be much better given my situation, I am just little concerened about how 'employable' I will be at the finish of such a course. I know it is all very speculative and the market is changing but given the current trend of the market and the predicted number of pilots retiring, is it a fair assumption to say if I complete a course in 2-3 years, I have a fair chance of securing an airline position (assuming all is good in the market place)