PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Q-400's at Osaka
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 22:50
Kaptin M
Moderate, Modest & Mild.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stereo and schroeder - might I suggest that the BEST source for your info would be the agencies - PARC and HACS.
To date, I have had no contact with any of the Alpha Wing pilots, my info has come from a couple of F/A`s with that company, one of the PARC managers, and Japanese pilots with another Japanese company.

I understand that there are now some Canadians, as well as the Europeans.

I do NOT believe (according to the Japanese pilots I have asked, and the PARC rep) that commmand time is a requirement for an F/O slot, by either JCAB or ANA. Regardless of the licence you hold, you will be issued a full Japanese licence (at the completion of training) - not a validation of any existing licence, which usually entails doing only an Air Law exam and medical.
The Japanese system entails several exams, a simulator and line checks by JCAB, for licence issue, and basically a full ground school and sim course on the aircraft, even if already rated.

The original number of 10 that I cited in an earlier post is now apparently "considerably" more.

Again, until I can get some time off, back in Osaka and make contact with the Gaijin in Alpha Wing, I am only passing on 2nd and 3rd hand info.
PARC and/or HACS will be able to far better inform you than I of the requirements.

It would be unusual, Stereolab, that ANA would be direct hiring.

If you have 400 time, either as a co-pilot, or a captain, my understanding is you would be in a prime seat if you`re interested in this job.