PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 121.5 - Where Am I...
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 19:39
M14P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the subject of overload...

Human factors in the world of light aviation is generally glossed over as a bit of a nuisance (pass the exam and move on, old chap) but it's really quite important (!) - it forms a huge part of what we study at work. Each person behaves rather differently under pressure (some thrive, some shut down etc etc)

I've been developing a concept of useful light aviation 'CRM' - for want of a better phrase - and iI feel that some of you here on Pprune might be able to help.

Using a light aircraft simulator I would like to get some volunteers together to fly an unseen scenario. I would make it non-technical (no engine failures etc so you needn't be multi rated - just proficent at instrument flying) but the 'student' would need to plan the 'flight'. Ideally I would need a controller too (for added realism). Each student would be fully briefed; would need to agree to be videoed; have heart rate monitored, too. I would love it to be full VFR but I don't know of a simulator that's good enough.

The plan would be to put a video together that really speaks to the light aviation community and maybe even make a presentation roadshow.

Sim time would cost a little but I would be prepared to pay for it so long as we get a few donations to charity.

Anyone interested????