PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IR @ Tayflite Vs Multiflight
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 16:37
TheDream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I paid my money and took my chance with LFS. I now have a CPL/IR/FI and didn't go over budget.

However if someone were to ask me where to train I'd say go and look for yourself. Ask exactly how much the minimum course is including ALL the extras.

I also think it is important to establish how your readiness for test is judged. Just because you have finished the course doesn't mean you are ready. One school might put you in for test because you have finished the course the other might insist on extra training.

I passed my CPL first time but failed the IR. Who's fault was it? Well....I was flying the plane so it must have been mine!!! That is a fact for everyone who does a test, harsh but true.

So the debate goes on.

By the way LFS do really well to say thay have basically been booted off the airfield by ..........

TD

Forgot to say from my own experience:-
No problems with Jon for my CPL
Kev was great for my IR, although it would be better if he could just get on and instruct he is after all the Chief FLYING Instructor
Stuart excellent for the FI

As for ferry "flights" I probabley gained a couple of hours SEP and an hour MEP for nothing

I also have a mate who did his CPL/IR at Multiflight and had no problems.

As for the weather at Leeds, just don't do the training during the Winter, Spring, Summer or Autumn.

Although seriously May to August was not too bad last year.

Last edited by TheDream; 14th Mar 2004 at 18:36.