PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bye-Bye-Dubai
Thread: Bye-Bye-Dubai
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2004, 11:13
Who'stheDaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets face it, for an industry as a whole the pay is awful, getting cheap tickets is a bonus which most people view as "part of the salary".

But when you dont get on a flight it does p*ss you off! as TE RANGI clearly is. Therefore I believe he does have a point no matter how badly he puts it accross! Like he says we're all in the game - so dont make a fuss.

I had a situation closer to home where a tkt desk supervisor actually stopped the agent who was in the process of printing my tkt (ID90) and then told me to go to the back of the queue (i did not jump the q i had already stood in line). This was at 0700 at LHR, by the time she had told me this the other agent could have given me my ticket.... Silly really but people do like to make a point.

Whenever I can I always try to help people who work in the industry(upgrades, seats, lounge, jumpseats- when we could, quick c/in)Why - Well because we should all respect what each other does. AT NO EXPENSE to the regular passengers. I've seen Station managers kiss the ar*se of other MGRs and pilots but will do there best to stich up their own staff, Why? Completely unnecessary.

My point is that you get good and bad where-ever you go but an upgrade and a bloody mary help ease the pain!! Everyone who works in the industry likes to get a little bit of special treatment nobody can deny that, But when you dont ....... Keep your toys in the pram, - What goes around comes around!

WTD

WTD