PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The other E.E. classic, the Canberra. (Merged 23rd July '04)
Old 13th Mar 2004, 17:28
John Farley

Do a Hover - it avoids G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vertico

Thank you for your most useful reply.

Two points:

First please read my post again. I did not express disagreement in the slightest with your views on the Canberra only in the way you expressed them. That is not a nit-pick - but no designer was going to be able to tell know how you wanted the cockpit changed from that remark and even if your report (as it probably did) went into details of the changes you wanted then the designers being human were more likely to fight your views because they included a smartarse comment – however valid. And of course your smartarse comment was very valid.

Second point. You obviously don’t know me. I joined the industry to try and improve the terrible stuff that I had to fly in the RAF. During my time as an industry tp I told nothing but the truth (as I saw it) which I can assure you did not make me many friends in high places.

So a beer some time would be nice as you and I we were clearly allies in the fight for greater professional integrity in military aircraft manufacturers all along!

JF