PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 13th Mar 2004, 15:03
number9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Selfish: Okay great, thanks for that. Makes a little more sense now!

High Nr: Erm, I'm not sure what you mean by "down south". You mean anywhere that's not in the top-end? And I resent that remark, I have many a suit & tie. Thanks for the info on the qualifications, there are a couple I hadn't heard of - HUET & chemical. I'll have to look up what HUET means! I was certainly planning on getting IREX & NVFR though.

And definitely, I would certainly treat my school as a potential employer, indeed hopefully they'll know exactly what skills I have & what I need training on. In terms of point #4, though, I think I need to do more research as to what's actually out there. For some reason doing oil rig support work holds a particular interest for me, so I think I'll try and find out more about that. Thanks again!

dzeroplus: Ah okay, I thought they were built from the same base design but didn't realise they were that similar. In terms of your point "saving a bit of money", I'm still a little unsure at the point you're ultimately getting at. :| I'll drop you a PM.

deeper: Great, thanks!

the wizard: Yeah, you said it. Thanks for the info re. Jandakot, I need to drop them a line and ask about a few things. I'll drop you a PM also if you don't mind?

Heliport: Thanks, I think I read one of the threads before it was merged, not sure about the other one. I'll re-read the merged one now..