PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Blue Pullovers and Gold Stripes
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2004, 08:11
BeechNut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MLS-great style!

I share your notions of comfort. I fly for fun but work in technical management (tech services/quality assurance). At the last firm I worked at we were obliged to wear ties. I joked that when they finally joined the 20th century (well it was in the '90s), I would burn all my ties except the ugliest one, which I would keep for weddings and funerals. They did rescind the rule. I didn't quite go that far but got rid of a lot of them. I have no use for the ******s.

Where I work now everyone from the Prez on down dresses casual. We just hired a new manager (he's a Super Cub driver incidentally), but he always shows up to work in a tie. In fact the only person there that does. I wonder how long before his (and my) boss clues him in? My boss can make a t-shirt look like formal wear.

Jeans in winter, shorts in summer (I'm cheap, usually worn-out dockers with the legs chopped off), no socks, sandals, bargain brand polo shirt. I have no problem flying in sandals.

When we do a Young Eagles day or somesuch, I haul out a flight suit I own to impress the kiddies and reassure the mommies...no bars or insignia though.

Mike

Last edited by BeechNut; 13th Mar 2004 at 10:09.