PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 12th Mar 2004, 19:13
number9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trackdirect: Yeah, I was certainly going to try and get an R44 endorsement, I didn't realise the B47s were still used at all but if they are then I'll try for that, too. No use limiting my options is there? And as you say, I don't mind doing the grunt go-nowhere work if there's light at the end of the tunnel (even if it's a few years down the track). I'm only 22 after all..

overpitched: To be honest, 5-7 years and leaving with 1500hrs with 500 on turbines doesn't sound unappealing. I mean it'd be nice if it's quicker, but if that's the way it is then that's the way it is! In terms of endorsements, is there really much of a difference between having 0 hours on a Kwakka (and thus no endorsement) and 10 hours (and thus one)? My point is, would it really make that much of a difference, as obviously either 0 or 10 hours is still no experience at all? I'd still certainly get the endorsement, though, if it's one more thing that could help me.

Say, there's a question (well, two). First, who does endorsements in Oz for the Kwakkas? And secondly, does CASA mandate a certain about of time in a certain helo before you can get an endorsement in something else? I mean, I can't see CASA saying "Okay, for your CPL(H) you need to log 20 hours in specificially an R22 before you can get an endorsement in an R44". I would imagine not, but who knows!

In terms of cattle experience, well... I know my way around `em but certainly nothing compared to someone who's worked on a farm all their life. But I know my way around a dirt-bike!

Mr Selfish: Yeah? Where do I sign? Can I just rock up with a cheque and leave with a CPL & captains job?