PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 12th Mar 2004, 18:03
overpitched

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Deeper .. maybe you had a good run but I think 5-7 years in the bush, from arrival looking for a job to leaving with 1500 or so houirs including 500 turbine is very realistic. To say less would just give the guy false hope. He may get out in less but probably he won't

And I think they are still using kwackas at Katherine gorge and at the bungles so for the sake of 3-5 hours why not turn up with the endorsement. Heliwork hires 2 or 3 low hour pilots a year and last year they all started on kwakas so check your info. I know they are selling them off but last I heard they still had a couple.

And the days of low hour pilots with no cattle experience getting mustering jobs are gone, long gone. Unless you count flying a busted arse station owned 22 logging 1 in 10 hours and for mine thats not a start its the road to nowhere.

Yep I've seen guys get in and out of the top end in 3 years and I've seen guys get mustering jobs with little cattle experience but these guys are the exception not the norm so why b.s. poor old number9. He did say he didn't want to get false expectations after all.

Oh and good for you deeper you can spell Katherine... Goose.