PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you really Want to Do This...??
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 16:03
maxy101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would imagine that lots of pilots wouldn't mind swapping their present seat for a desk and the potential of earning 150-200K a year . A school mate of mine made partner in a "Golden Circle" firm a couple of years ago earning >250k a year whilst I am still waiting for a seat change. Alas, working for Big there is very little chance I will get to earn half that. Now, I know we don't do this job for the money, however, the long days in the office are respected and rewarded by your management/partners, and I doubt you have a fraction of the "******ation" factor that we go through daily passing through the building sites we call airports in the UK. 12 hour days are common in the airlines nowadays. The good old days of a couple of sectors in the morning and being home by lunch are long gone. I have no doubt that you are treated as an asset rather than a highly paid liability. Trust me, If I had my time again, I would swap places tomorrow, and enjoy my flying from the luxury of a First class seat.