PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Disarming doors before arrival on stand
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 15:52
missleadfoot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, so we all agree or disagree that each of our carriers procedures are right or wrong, and that probably goes for the inconsistancy of our emergency procedures aswell. They are ALL different, maybe only slightly but still DIFFERENT.
Eventually this is going to be detrimental to the safety of all of our passengers and to our selves in the event of an emergency. Most airlines represented here are a member of IATA and adhere to very strict guidelines to be a part of IATA. Why then aren't our safety and emergency procedures uniform? Why does one airline have one policy and another a different policy? If one airline thinks this is the safest way of arming doors and it works why dont we all follow?
I have flown numerous times on other foreign carriers, thought that I knew the aircraft only to find out later from crew that their procedures for evac, ditch, fire etc are completely different to mine. With your airline you are conditioned to respond with YOUR training, not necessarily with the airline you are paxing on. I know for a fact that if I was paxing on a foreign airline and an incident happened i would automatically go into my airlines procedures, which could ultimately end in me shouting commands that the crew of the foreign airline wont understand. Example, a lot of airlines call doors by 11,24,21 instead of left one, right four, right one. I probably shouldn't shout these but if you crash what is going to come to your mind? Initial training.

My aim is to get all crew around the globe alligned with safety procedures. Does anyone agree with me??