PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qf Regional Crew Progression
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2004, 09:28
easternboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my first post, so hello everyone:

I e-mailed the FAAA in regard to this issue and was advised that no MAM casuals have been converted to permanent. The FAAA went to MAM management who confirmed this, however they did not go to QF for confirmation.

I have to believe what the FAAA are telling me, however it does concern me that they didnt go direct to QF. I have been reading this forum for sometime and even though GalleyHag can be straight to the point and down right rude at times he/she is always pretty close to the mark with information and I have to agree why would crew tell other crew they were made permanent if they weren't.

Furthermore what we agreed to in the EBA concerning progression was:

8 Positions were owed from the start-up of the Perth Short Haul base.

10 Positions when Qantas next recruit for permanent crew and (as per the terms of the career progression document - on the notice board in the crew room) 32 people need to be made permanent before 10 go over from Eastern.

This is where people are confused and have this 18 figure in their head, as the company was saying during the EBA we will take 18 next time Qantas recruit.

Now, as Qantas have NOT recruited for some time and it doesnt look likely for permanent positions anyway in the near future the FAAA have put pressure on Qantas to at least honour the 8 which was owed. Therefore 4 positions have been confirmed into Perth Short Haul starting in April and the FAAA will be pressuring Qantas to confirm the remaining 4 positions which are owed.

The 10 will go when Qantas next recruit permanently into Short Haul (more than 32). So expect the next progression number to be only 4 again. I wont be holding my breath for much progression movement after that.