PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australia: Training, Licence Conversion, Job Prospects
Old 11th Mar 2004, 01:02
number9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Job market in Oz for rookie Helo pilots?

(apologies for the cross-post, but the D&G section seems to have mostly fixed-wingers).

So I'm thinking of getting my rotary-wing CPL, and am looking for some constructive feedback as to how the employment prospects would be.

Have worked my ass off to save the cash required (though would still pay as I went), so I have some kind of understanding as to the work ethic I'm going to need to be successful. And likewise I understand that many first jobs are mustering, but in reality how many mustering jobs are even out there? Will I spend two years searching for my first job, or with guts & determination is it possible to make a go of it?

I realise that many get into rotary & fixed CPLs with a false expectation as to how easy and how profitable it will be to find a job, so obviously I'd like to avoid that at all costs. I've got the money to get some ratings & conversions, but I'd appreciate any & all constructive feedback. Ta!