PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Media - Pull ya heads in
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2004, 18:05
outtacontrol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don Esson,

I get the idea you may be one of the said journos. If so thank you for at least responding even with such a lame unconstructive reply.

You are entirely correct in what you say in one part...yes I can turn off the tv if it offends me. It's not the fact that it offends me that is worries me. What annoys me is the public perception portrayed and misrepresentation of an industry that for the most have a professional bunch of people striving to keep it one of the safest in the world. If the journalists of this country actually took the time to find out what really went on, what training and experience pilots, engineers etc have to go through before they get to touch a bright shiny jet, they might be able to publish credible articles.

Finally it is not built up hatred or slagging rather frustration at a bunch of, if you like "professionals", who chose to act unprofessionally and defame an industry and it's "professionals" without justification. I and im sure many others have no intention of becoming journalists and showing them how to do it, we have good jobs of our own. Rather we ask the "professionals" at the newspapers, tv and radio stations to do a bit of research and do their job as responsibly and professionally as we do ours.

Don, if in fact you are a journalist, I challenge you to write or present a factual article in response to something such as the rubbish that has been published in the last few weeks. Have the balls to stand up to the editors and print the facts not crap.

Last edited by outtacontrol; 10th Mar 2004 at 18:20.