PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any room on Albert?
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2004, 20:44
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Dunno.... he's probably right. A radical rethink on flightdeck crewing is required on the J and it really is long overdue.

I've been pushing this for some time but it just falls on deaf ears. We really do need some people to start thinking outside the norm and look at the job we're trying to do!

The sooner we get rid of the second pilot on the flightdeck the better. One pilot, one ALM. The extra space on the flight deck would allow the microwave to be repositioned so that I wouldn't have to get out of my seat to use it. I reckon we could also get a shiny chrome pole with associated dancers up there too.

As for the spending serious money on it, this too is correct. I for one would like Cat IIIB autoland, autobrake and, if possible, autotaxy. This would mean I could stay asleep right up until we were on blocks rather than the ever tedious waking at 400ft I have to live with at the moment. Also I'd like to have Sidewinder. And AMRAAM. No particular reason, just reckon it would look good.

Still, keep up the good work chaps. If our masters in the IPT ever see sense then perhaps we will get that disco ball for the flightdeck and the red velvet sound proofing for the freight bay that we're all crying out for....but until that day we'll just have to muddle on through.