PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747-400 ratings available
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2004, 19:58
Jock747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear 8driver

Like you and many others, I too handed over a cash training deposit to "the respected American” presently in the Philippines and having attempted to recover my funds have written this entire matter off as a "bad and foolish experience"!

Also working for a highly respected Asian carrier operating in to Europe on a regular basis, I have been able to personally visit the offices of the Gibraltar company in question and sufficient evidence was produced by the liquidators to show that our "American" friend was the majority shareholder and therefore responsible for any and all losses.

The Czech and Swiss projects were real and may still be resurrected subject to “real” financial backing and the Czech group are currently discussing their operations with a well known ACMI operator in Europe.

The “other” respected captain in question is personally known to an acquaintance of mine and I have been assured that this individual and his family have been the real losers in this unfortunate episode headed by our “American” friend.

Another acquaintance of mine who also deposited a cash training deposit with the “American” has personally visited this “other” captain in Prague and all documentation, including emails to and from the “American”, contracts, bank statements (originals – not copies) and other pertinent original documents relating to this venture were disclosed and it is clearly apparent that the “American” has pulled the wool over many eyes!

Having written this matter off, I do not wish to elaborate any further, and this posting is merely to shed some light on this matter and hopefully divert any blame away from the Prague connection as they are in my considered opinion, totally innocent of any injustice or malpractice.

Naturally you’re upset (and rightly so) of these two “individuals” pointing fingers at one another, but the authorities know best and all investigations against the Prague connection have been satisfactorily completed and no action is being taken by any governmental departments.

Due diligence on the company and it’s principals should have been performed before anyone of us parted with our training deposits and I conclude by advising anyone contemplating sending funds for any form of training not to do so, no matter how secure or established the company may be!

Once bitten, twice shy – that’s the lesson I have learned!

As you’ve rightly said 8driver, be weary of start-up operations! And a final word of advice 8driver, with all these worldwide litigations going on, naming a company could be detrimental and there could be repercussions against you personally. Perhaps the company name you’ve mentioned in your post should be removed?

Jock747